Friday, July 17, 2009

Scalr errors after install

After installing Scalr and adding a client I've tried to add an application to test out my setup. But at the second step I've got an alert saying:
-----------------------------
Error Type: LoadXML
Description: Incorrect XML
-----------------------------

A quick look at the apache log revealed the problem:
-----------------------------
File does not exist: /var/scalr/app/www/farm_amis.xml
-----------------------------

I thought that maybe I've missed a file so I did a svn checkout of scalr repository and tried to find the specified file:

#apt-get install subversion
#svn checkout http://scalr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ scalr-read-only
#find scalr-read-only -name farm_amis.xml -type f


Nothing came up. Weird. After a bit of looking around I've found a file called farm_amis_xml.php. So in fact farm_amis.xml was only a mod_rewrite directive.

Time to fix it, enable mod_rewrite and .htaccess files for apache2:

Edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default and change the lines containing AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All

Go to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled and execute the following command:
# ln -s ../mods-available/rewrite.load

Restart apache2 server and everything should be ok:
#/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag ur valuable ideas below